Thursday, September 30, 2010

Giving


It’s so easy for me to get trapped in a mindset of thinking about myself. I don’t have an iPhone even though I am a Mac user. Don’t laugh. When everyone is getting an iPhone and I don’t have one, I begin to think about other things I don’t have. Yes, I can get pretty full of myself, and my wants at times. But living in a state of gratitude and giving to others takes my mind off of myself.

When I focus on giving to others instead of thinking about what I don’t have, or what I would like to have, my attitude becomes very positive. In the current economy there are people who need someone to talk to during transitions, crisis, and loss while learning to cope with job loss, underemployment, and stress.

There are people in organizations such as, “We’ve Got Time to Help,” who are struggling with their own job loss, but taking time to help others in need. They have started a movement that is moving across the nation of people helping their neighbors and communities.

I keep myself grounded by offering a “Walk About U!” at no cost to anyone who wants to talk about their ideas, inspirations, transitions, and/or losses. The best way for me to stay focused on the things that are really important is to give to others.

60 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.