Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Windows

The bronze glow of evening sun reflected from the window across the street. As the sun set, the window's glow transformed to shadows of the trees. The same window changes it's face depending on the time of day. The window might look transparent showing clearly the room inside, or be veiled by a curtain. The evening shadows reflect whatever they are looking at.

As I watched the windows on my walk, I realized that I feel a lot like a window. I often feel transparent clearly letting in the light and warmth, but I sometimes pull the curtains and cool off. Other times I feel like an observer letting everything reflect back on itself. At the moment I feel like closing the curtains. Relax, take time to meditate and enjoy a nice walk.

40 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.