Thursday, August 12, 2010

Goal Setting

Some of you walk or even run when it is 100 degrees out. I find it very difficult to make myself walk in the heat. Today I had things to do in the morning and a meeting in the evening. I found myself walking in the afternoon. I thought it must be at least 90 degrees. Got home and found out it was only 85. Ok. You can see that I love to walk on a fine cool morning, and don't like the heat. I'm sure I would have skipped it today if I had not set a goal to walk everyday.

My goal in writing this blog is to walk and write everyday for a year. When I started my goal was just to walk. Now I am making my goal specific and reachable. This blog provides accountability, and I will know when I have reached my goal. Since I have been walking, I have a little more bounce in my step, and I am writing better because of the daily discipline. I have a short term goal of walking each day as I hone my writing skills. My longer term goal is to publish a book and 2 workbooks in the next year as I grow my coaching business. If I find a day when I can't walk for some reason, I will be flexible, not give up, evaluate my goal, and keep on going.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I love hearing from all of you. Nice to know that so many of you are walking and enjoying the outdoors. For more information about taking a walking conversation with a LifeWork Coach, contact Nancy Miller, M.S., LifeWork Coach, Credentialed Career Manager

1 comment:

Share your walking experiences.