Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Habits

Today I felt like I could easily skip the walk. In fact I waited until it was almost too late, but making walking a habit helped me get it done. My goal was to write everyday, and I also wanted to do more walking.  So I decided to start the Walk About U! and invite others to walk with me or share their outdoor walking stories.

I wondered how I would find something to write about everyday, but I am amazed at how I am able to think of so many things to write about everyday when I walk. The habit of writing regularly, being outdoors, using my senses, and changes of environment has wakened my creativity. It really does help to write regularly whether you are a writer or not, but the practice of writing is even more important for anyone who wants to publish their work.

20 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.