Monday, August 30, 2010

Lark, Hummingbird, or Owl?

I love to walk at sunset. The evening is magical with a kaleidoscope of color reflecting off of the windows, the glowing bronze sky, and cool breezes. The only problem with sunset is that it vanishes into darkness all too soon. Sunset reminds me to enjoy the moment.

My goal is to walk and write a blog everyday, but my best thinking and writing is in the morning and my preferred time to walk is in the evening. According to Katie Gilbert, in her article, “Put Body Clock to Work for You: Early Bird or Night Owl? Accept One and Fly With It,” a Lark thinks more clearly before 8:00 in the morning while an Owl gets charged up after 8:00 in the evening. I use my brain and creativity best from 8:00 AM-12:00 PM. According to the author, people will function best if they can work within their circadian rhythm. I would do well to get a day ahead in my blogging and blog the day after my walk. Using my natural rhythms will help me work happier and more efficiently.

When do you work best? What time of day do you have the most energy? Are you more like a Lark, Hummingbird, or Owl? Take the short quiz to find out.
50 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.