Friday, October 15, 2010

Sultry Grass

It was one of those days that I could have easily skipped the walk. So much to do and never enough time. Because I enjoy much of what I do, all of it has meaning, and it fits with my greater vision and purpose, time flies by. The last few months have been a time of transition and change in my direction and thinking. It's been a time to evaluate how I can best use my time. Prioritizing my work and looking for new opportunities to promote health and happiness for myself and others is my greater purpose. This year I am choosing to do that by creating a healthy environment for myself and finding ways to express myself in my coaching and writing.

Absorbed in my own thoughts while walking through the park, I became aware of the aroma of warm sultry grass under a sprinkling of dry leaves. The autumn transition from the warm balmy days of summer to the cool crisp feel of fall. I am ready to drop the summer leaves. My time gathering, organizing, and storing this summer has left me feeling a bit overwhelmed. As I see the leaves falling, swirling, and gathering, I can feel the time is here to shed, focus, and enjoy the coming season.

30 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.