Friday, October 8, 2010

Network


My family is an important part of my network. My mother and sister write comments about my walking blog, my oldest daughter edits, my youngest daughter designed my logo, and my husband does the photography. Beyond that I have a wealth of support from friends and colleagues.

I’ve participated in speed networking groups, networking meetings, and association conferences. They are all great experience, but the best networking is close to home. People who know me through community work, writing, mentoring and coffee shop meetings as well as friends and family are my closest network. They are the ones who give me support for my work, referrals for my business, act as references, and present job opportunities.

Saying thank you to friends and colleagues, helping friends and colleagues formally or informally and asking for advice and feedback are the best methods of networking.

45 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.