Friday, October 22, 2010

Natural Beauty


This morning I was thinking about what I want to fill myself with. I love to eat chocolate, research information, and watch television (all at the same time.) These can all be stressful activities. Getting outside, walking, growing and eating vegetables, building healthy relationships, giving, sharing, and forgiving reduce stress and increase health and happiness.

As I walked outside and took a breath of fresh air I thought about the need to leave room for things that are really important to me. It's easy to get caught up in thoughts of stuff and things. What will I wear? How will I be perceived? Is my career on track and are my investments increasing in value? Wow! Time to exhale. Let it out, and let go. If these things come my way, I will have more to share, but I don't want to be stuffed with fear and worry about what I have or don't have. 

We had a pleasant fall rain today. The grass is green and the flowers are growing. The natural beauty is all around. All of the pruning, cleaning, and decorating of myself and my home cannot compare with all that grows naturally. Get out and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.

30 minutes walking





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.