Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reinvention

Everyday is new and different when I walk outdoors. Each day is a new story in the evolving seasons. Next week it will start getting dark earlier in the day. Birds will migrate, the air will get cooler (I'm hoping.) The days and nights reinvent themselves.

As I work in my office at my computer, it's easy to feel like things are staying the same. There is a certain sense of peace that comes with knowing what to expect, but I also begin to put myself in a box expecting the same thing of myself everyday.

It's great to know what my strengths are and build on them, but it is also exciting to challenge myself in new ways. When one door closes, find another door. I can reinvent myself through the stories I tell about myself and the directions I choose to walk.

I'm excited about the upcoming Reinvention Summit: The World's First Virtual Conference on the Future of Storytelling, Nov 11-22, 2010. "We are gathering a new tribe of storytellers: change-makers, marketers, entrepreneurs, and creatives..." I'm not sure what it is all about, but it sounds interesting. I found Michael Margolis' podcast on storytelling inspiring while taking a walk. I'm always looking for a new story.


Join Nancy J. Miller, LifeworkCoach, for a Walk About U! Tell your story in a new and unique way.

30 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.