Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eating in Season


Zucchini, basil, lemon balm, garlic chive, red & green peppers plucked straight from the garden mixed with brown rice, cabbage, onion, garlic and carrot mixed with cream of chicken soup and soy sauce made a delicious dinner rice dish.

Wow! I couldn’t believe I ate all of those vegetables. They were colorful and delicious. I used to just eat green beans, now I am aware of the vegetables that are in season. As much as I can, I like to eat locally grown vegetables from our backyard garden or the farmer’s market. They are fresher, healthier, and less travel creates less impact on the environment. Eating in fresh vegetables in season also means eating a variety of vegetables.

I supplement the fresh fruit and vegetables with frozen blueberries and avocados which are my favorite. But fresh produce in season provides the more vitamins and flavor.

30 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.