Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ready to Dash


As we hurtle into a new year, let’s not get too anxious about uncertainty. Instead we should focus on doing what we do best and make a commitment to constantly improve along the way. Robert Gerrish, Flying Solo. www.flyingsolo.com/au

January brings us uncertain weather in Sacramento. When I wake up in the morning I don’t know whether I will see sunshine, rain, or fog. In fact, we often have all three in one day. When I get my coat to go out for a walk, I don’t know if I will need a scarf, raincoat, or short sleeves. What to do? I look outside to get a clue about the climate, and then I often walk outside to test the weather.

When our lives feel uncertain, we can look at what is going on in our environments, take a short test, and then go where our talents and intuition take us. Sounds simple and obvious. Barely worth saying. The truth is that it has only been a relatively short time ago that people were buying risky mortgages without taking a look at the climate, doing any research or testing the waters. Sometimes we’re just ready to dash out into a storm and see what happens. It can be great fun on a wintry day to take a guess at the weather and just take off. When it comes to financial and career decisions, being prepared can keep you from getting soaked.

20 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.