Saturday, January 8, 2011

Does Anyone Care?

I take long walks and listen to creative entrepreneurs, interesting podcasts, and birds in the trees. I get so many thoughts and ideas that I would like to share with the world. There are so many exciting things happening with business, cultural diversity, and new ways of thinking and seeing the world. I can't wait to get to my computer and share them.

I start writing and wonder if anyone cares about what I have to say, who I am, and the things I am passionate about.  Am I an observer in life or one who is able to create positive change and make the world a better place to live?

I saw a cat sitting in the upstairs window of a neighbors house. It seemed to be an observer of the world outside. LIke the cat, I feel comfortable observing without taking a risk and expressing how i really feel. I admired the cat because it sat there handsomely without interrupting my thoughts or my day. Sometimes it seems easier to just go with the flow without disturbing, distracting, or influencing. But what would be my purpose on this earth? I am not a cat. I am a human being who can observe, analyze and act.

I have the power to learn, share and listen. If I can't talk about who I am, then who am I really? I will continue to journal my observations and thoughts and send them out to the digitisphere.

70 minutes walking

2 comments:

  1. The thing is cats don't even CARE that they are not making a difference in the world. I think, as humans, we are hardwired to want to make a difference. I appreciate your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Janet. The more we give, get involved, and make a difference, the more human we are.

    ReplyDelete

Share your walking experiences.