Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A New Way

When I stay inside the house or office the walls are the same color, the consistent glow of the lights don't change, and the air grows stagnant. I step outside and everyday is different. One day is bright and the next is hazy. Green trees in the spring bare a kaleidoscope of colors in the fall.

Walking outdoors everyday gives me a new perspective each day. When I look at the same scene in a different light, I see an old scene in a new way. Walking is one of the best ways to stimulate your mind and gain new understandings.

"That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all of your life, but in a new way." Doris Lessing, Author of The Grass Is Singing.

20 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.