Friday, December 10, 2010

Breathe

I feel guilty if I just sit and let my mind wander. I may be trying to think of something meaningful to say, or maybe my mind went blank. If I can't think of anything, I feel unproductive and frustrated.

Instead of feeling like I'm not doing anything, I have been taking deep breaths and relaxing. When I allow myself time to breathe, relax, and stop worrying about what I am accomplishing, I begin to think better.

Often busyness is seen as synonymous with productivity in American culture. To stop, breathe, relax, and contemplate may be seen as idleness. But deep breathing is not only relaxing, it is good for your heart and immune system.

Enjoy some deep breathing in the fresh air outdoors.

20 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.