Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fragile

As the fall turns into winter, the moon is covered by an eclipse, and the nights get longer. The light evaporates so quickly it seems to get wisked away.
 
Digital information feels so fragile. One minute I am secure in having put my pictures on my computer, writing, researching and neatly gathering my thoughts and ideas on my computer. Then one day my computer starts acting erratic. It doesn't recognize the ports or network, and I wonder if I will lose all of my information.

 I want to hold onto my stuff. I wondered how I would feel if it all just flew out the window. I want to hold onto the past as I move into the future. I wonder why I really have so much stuff.

With over 2 gigs of memory, I have so much storage space that I rarely need to sort and delete until I can't find something. Now I am going through hundreds of pictures and documents to let go of the old and make room for the new. I can't move on as long as I am just shuffling through the old.

40 minutes walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your walking experiences.