Monday, July 26, 2010

Take a Picture in Your Mind

Wind in my face, movement, action, and growth. Today I took a picture in my mind of a tall tree, trees lining a path, and green grass. Then I looked at the shadows on the sidewalk. The leaves seemed to be taking a walk with me. The leaves rustled on the branches, and I realized I needed to take some videos in my mind. After my walk the pictures are still in my mind although not as clear, but the feeling of freedom and action are still with me. It helps to look at the picture shortly after you take it and then revisit the pleasant moments in meditations and quiet moments.

Take a picture in your mind and you will always have it with you. Take pleasant pictures to remember the good things in life and enhance your optimism. Go new places and look through new eyes. You can go to the same place many times and find something unique and different every time.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
— Marcel Proust

Take pictures of the little things you do to improve your memory. One reason we don’t remember things is that we are not really there in the moment. Stress, things to do, and thinking about tomorrow will distract us from taking a picture in the moment. If you can picture it, you can usually remember it. The next time you go for a walk, notice something new. When you solve a problem or look for a new career, look for things you have never noticed. Look through "new eyes" for opportunities you have yet to discover.

40 minutes walking

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how clear things can become on a simple walk, and wonderful how we start to notice all the little things going on around us for the first time in so long. Without daily walks, I think my sanity might become somewhat dimmed!

    ReplyDelete

Share your walking experiences.